There are some essentials every women need so they are always prepared. If you have these items, you will always have an outfit for any situation. Owning trendy and stylish pieces is fine, but sticking with some classic pieces means you don’t need to revamp your wardrobe each season.
Styles are going and coming very quickly; a capsule wardrobe revolves along a set number of versatile pieces that work regardless of the current trends. Creating a solid foundation gives you items to wear year-round.
- A Plain, White Tee Shirt: This is one of the most versatile items you can have in your wardrobe. It can stand alone with a pair of denim jeans or black pants. It is a great piece for layering or wearing under a comfy cardigan.
- Ballet Flats: Everyone loves a great pair of ballet flats. You can wear them while dressing up or with a comfortable outfit. They can turn a simple pair of jeans into a chic and comfortable combination. Ballet flats always go wonderful with a cocktail dress. Ballet flats come in a huge variety of colors, for any outfit.
- Black Pants: Every person must have a pair of black pants in their closet. The cut, whether high waist or low rise, is up to you. What matters is that you have a pair of black pants to wear with a nice, colorful blouse or a comfortable shirt for hanging with friends.
- Pencil Skirt: While these once were only for the office, they are making their way into after-hours. Owning a pencil skirt means you will always have a professional option in your closet. Also, they are a classic option for a nice dinner out when paired with a silky cami or a blouse.
- Slip-On Sneakers: These are a style trend that has stuck. They are more stylish than typical pairs of running shoes, but they are still comfortable enough to walk long periods of time. This is why they are a wardrobe essential. Plus, they give your outfit an extra dose of uniqueness.
- Tank Tops: Having a tank top, preferably two or three, create different looks with your wardrobe. Black, white, and grey tank tops are great for layering under tee shirts or under sweaters. They are also standalone pieces for the summertime.
- A Blazer: This can pull together a professional look while in the office or substitute for outerwear during the fall. It is a “can’t go wrong” piece of clothing. Blazers are perfect to put over top your cocktail dress when the air is just a bit chilly. They also look fabulous paired with skinny jeans and ballet flats.
- Little Black Dress: Every woman has to have a little black dress in their wardrobe. You never know when you will come across a time when you need it. They are the perfect option for a new date or the office Christmas party (paired with some festive jewelry). A little black dress is so versatile. You can add colored pumps or a flash blazer to change the look. Plus, they are an outfit that will excite and tease your husband during your friend’s wedding.
- Jeans: This is just a must. The style of jeans you pick is up to you. Skinny jeans have long been a favorite and create nice lines. Skinny jeans with higher waist lines will make your legs look longer. Whether you pick skinny jeans or not, every woman needs to find a pair of jeans that fit her just right. They can be casual with a simple tee shirt or dressed up with a blouse and pumps. You can’t go wrong with jeans.
- White Blouse: You can’t go wrong with a simple, white blouse. They may be simple, but they are also chic. A white blouse can be paired with dark denim jeans for an evening out look or a black pencil skirt for a classic outfit for the office.